Sunday, July 1, 2012

July Speaks

January brings the promise of a clean slate
February asks for patience and strength
March mocks
April sends hope
May sings
June lights the fields with fireflies

July

July speaks with the full authority of Summer
July is the steady rumble of the tractor in the fields and pastures.
July hums with clanking of equipment following behind the old gray Ford
whirring  behind the power take-off, gathering the first of the season.

July is strength, power. Sun which dries the laundry even as I pin it to the line.
July is the author of  beloved cicada song.
July is the undeniable force which sends me to the porch (often)
for a moment of respite from the sun, the heat.
July sees all life great and small, pausing for a bit of rest amid her stunning power.

July, almost haughty in her intensity, speaks boldly and will not stand down for anyone.
She is the Summer month one must obey....
I both respect and admire her power.

Image and text copyright FIDF 2012



3 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy july! Yes so much beauty to be fond in this month.Hopefully mine will come in the form of sweet red heirlooms.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Woman Seeking Center said...

Hi Amy! Oooooh heirlooms will be a wonderful gift of July Sun :-)
Would love to see some pics as something has (for weeks) been digging up my plants (ggrrrrrr) tho not eating anything. Just digging and leaving the plants to wither. At this point even with replanting and extra water and TLC my poor babies are just too tired to rally again, lol Going to have to get some serious fence installed next year I think.

Thanks for your note - I so enjoy your comments!

Hugs x many!

TheCrankyCrow said...

She is a haughty one, is she not? Perfect descriptor for that mid-season daughter. She is having her way with us here in Nod these days. Hotter than I remember, and though I love the heat, she is winning in making me submit to her her will.... And to think my staff used to call me "She Who Must Be Obeyed." :o Smiles & Sultry Hugs ~ Robin