Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'd Love To Build A Garden

In this pattern
The Spiral would be the pathway
of stone or brick or bark or paver
with flowers on either side

I have ever and always been drawn, felt connected
to the ancient symbol of the spiral

It is a visual representation of my heart & soul
whenever I was turned inward
traveling deeper into myself
to sort things out
to ponder
to understand
to hide
to heal
to catch my breath
to strategize
to dream
to relocate my core
my 'center'

It is equally accurate as a visual icon
for times when
I am moving outward
outside my core
to share
to teach
to adventure
to learn
to breathe deeply of the world around myself
to take chances
to dream
to dare

With a good strong invisible lanyard
to my center, to my lifes' core
There are no limits to the outward reach of a spiral
And center is always exactly where you left it
At the core
At the middle
Where you start from,
Where you return to
Always

Yes, indeed, I  think using
the simple, ancient, beloved spiral
I could create
 a remarkable and symbolic garden....

Now I need only decide what to place
at the center
at the point of alpha and omega
A flowering tree?
A bench?
A statue?
A fountain?
Nothing at all?

Hmmmmmm.....
I'll have to ponder that point a bit further
(Your thoughts and suggestions are warmly welcomed)!

2 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

A bench to ponder would be perfect.Warm Blessings!~Amy

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love this Dear Issy.....

I would place a well.

Robin