Saturday, July 13, 2013

Difficult Times In the Kingdom

There are times that are challenging
There a points when you simply need to push harder
Sometimes things simply refuse to go the way you'd prefer
Such is the way of life
No big deal
Then there are those times, those sorts of situations
Those things that life sets upon your doorstep
That you know could bend you to breaking

The sort of assault upon the kingdom
Of your heart, strength, soul and being
That test and tear and terrorize 
As you defend, wearily
Against the uncontrollable

Outcome pending, to be determined

No, these are not happy times in the kingdom

Still, I'm not alone
I am one of many (many many) of you
Dealing 
Step by step and heartbeat
One breath, one hope
One moment to the next

Sooner or later
All storms pass
All things change
Some for better, some for worse
Some for both

The world IS flat to the view of our eyes
But is, in reality, round
"There Be Dragons" remains as true today
As it was in ancient times.
But there also be sunny fields, calm woods
Better times

Wait....

The only course (as Hannibal once said)
Aut viam invenium, aut faciam
(Is to find a way, a path or to create one)
A path, a way
Around the corners of the earth
Past the dragons

March up the center
Of the uncontrollable times of life

There you have it

So, if I seem more absent than normal
Wing a good hope my way, an email if you like
And I'll be in touch as I'm able

Hugs,
Issy

5 comments:

gracie said...

This post has touched me. Sending hugs to you....

BumbleBeeLane said...

Issy- So sorry you are struggling. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm here if you need me. Big hugs! Amy

Bovey Belle said...

Life sounds very challenging for you right now. I hope that as each day passes you find more inner strength to cope with your problems. Thinking of you, and sending hugs . . .

Florida Farm Girl said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles. Be strong. Hugs.

Kim said...

I hope that brighter days are just around the corner for you. Hugs and prayers to you.