Monday, September 5, 2011

A rainy day (oink)

There are days to work hard. 

There are days to putter about - with busy but not complicated work.

Today was one of the putter-about days. Rain, intense at times, yet without the rolling thunder that you feel in your person, without the lightning that demands turn your gaze towards me..now!  Steady endless silently falling rain. Cool temps. Exactly the sort of day that whispers 'fall cleaning'.

One of the goals on my list for the day was to clean the french white pieces I have atop my kitchen cabinets. Each is unique, each with flowing lines and details that entice the eye without color aside from white. Casserole dishes masquerading as goose and duck, roasting dish as rabbit. Juice and milk pitchers embellished with rows of grooves and arching handles. Simple, white, elegant, curious, useful. All except one. That would be 'pig'.  He has no purpose but to be himself. And he accomplished that with great flair, lol.  He's not a casserole, nor a roaster.  He holds nothing nor pours. He simply is. And I adore him in all his personality filled function-less-ness, lol.

When it's time to wash the french white. I whine a bit - so many trips up and down the step ladder. When the task is complete it looks wonderful. But the doing - groan. That's why I always leave 'pig' for last.  Toweling him down always (ALWAYS) makes me smile......

Have a look at these random pictures of the day ~ I'm hoping pig brings you a smile too ....


2 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Smile...Perfect day except the cleaning.~Amy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great post - and wonderful photos. Pig made me smile too. I would, though, love to see photos of the rest of your collection...I love whiteness at times. Amidst all my drab and dreary "muddies," stands a fledgling collection of white/off-white ironstone pitchers and creamers....Hope the day is good to you....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin