Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Bit More Paint In Place!

My heartfelt thanks to each of you who've
adopted treasure a la Etsy or Flickr or in person, lol (you know who you are, lol)
Each and every dollar has gone towards paint for the old girl (house)
and advil (for me)!  :-) 

She (old house) and I have many clapboards and gallons still to go....
But thank you for your oh-so-appreciated treasure-adoptions!
Old house and I hope you continue to hunt treasure with us which will = more paint
(I'll keep adding more items from the barn to tempt & amuse you)
And anything that wins your heart, anything you adopt for your home
will immediately morph into more gallons of 'pretty' for the old girl - yay!

**Tho I may be buried with paint cans at my feet
and a paint brush in my hand
I will not rest, I will not falter, I will not run out of advil or heatpacks
until old house is restored to gleaming white stately beauty again!***
(don't mind me - I must be channeling a bit of Scarlet O'Hara, roflmao)

For those who have endured followed my saga of scraping, ladder climbing, priming/painting
(tho I see I haven't added any of the pictures of pre-post scraping - probably not very interesting)
I thought you would like to see a bit of the progress!
(sans a picture of the pile of advil bottles...)
On the left of the picture group you see some of the newly applied beauty....

Also in the pictures are my clever way of propping open the
kitchen window (all the sash cords & weights were long gone when I met her)
So, each window thus far has received a newly fashioned hi-tech 1x1 stick..
Very old world, very simple to operate, lol (very cheap!)
But I haven't gotten one cut and stained for the kitchen window yet  :-)
The old girl has a wall of beautiful built in cabinets I don't think I've shown you
(squeeeeeeee!) so there's a pic of those.

And two random 'round the farm pictures
~~~~~~~~~
PS Have you seeen the new hydrangea teacup a la Etsy?
(shameless painter-exhaustion-empty-paint-can-need-more-paint-outburst, sorry)
Without further delay, the images of the day!
Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

She's looking pretty fine my friend! but, oh - those cabinets....be still my heart...LOVE! And I truly do like your whimsical window propper-open thing-a-ma-jig!!! Necessity is truly the mother of invention.....I'm sure the old girl is smiling....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Woman Seeking Center said...

LOL thanks Robin! Ah yes, she's coming along, slowly but steadily since the Spring. Thank goodness for winter when one CAN NOT POSSIBLY paint (no guilt in that scenario lol)

Me too! me too! (those built-ins) The storage is awesome. Historical rumor has it there were additional sets, but they were removed at one point in her past. (oh the agony of that thought if true)....

You know I'm anticipatin a call any day now from Country Living or Better Homes and Gardens or Cottage Homes requesting detailed background information regarding my wood-handled-window-strainer-prop system!
**(feature article fodder, no doubt)lol

Conversely (kidding aside) I DO honestly believe our female pioneer ancestry would be pleased. As you well and rightly said: "necessity" :-)

BumbleBeeLane said...

Just beautiful! I feel a calm just seeing your pretty pics.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Good afternoon dear - I was just getting around to reading your latest post. I have to say I chuckled when I read about the high tech 'sticks' you were using for the windows - we have them too! hehe.

Hugs and have a lovely weekend Friend.
Warm Blessings

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Hi, I just found you thru Wendy, enjoyed reading your blog.