Thursday, September 8, 2011

Have You EVER Seen?

This just in!
Linda kindly took the time to share info
on this curious item of mine - thank you Linda!
Linda ★ Parker's Paradise  

Having been a HeadStart teacher for well over 20 years,
I recognize these as 'helper' scissors.
When teaching 3-4 year olds to cut on a line, the teacher uses
the outside pair of holes and the child, the inside pair.
Guide the little hand along the line!
It really does work!
Hope this fact makes you smile! :)
~~~~~

There are those moments
Those moments when you come across something
Something so interesting, so odd, so curious
That you feel certain you'll fall to the ground whining
If you can't make it yours?! lol
I came across an item
of that caliber
over the long weekend
Just too neat
Just
Had
To
Be
Mine!
In the decades I've spent barn crawling, attic rambling,
basement seeking, flea-marketing, roadside-rangling
(akin to dumpster diving but sans the dumpsters - ick!)
I have neverrrr evveeerrrrr seen shears like these!
And RED!
(Swwooon)
Any idea what these were used for, why they were designed this way?
I'm ever so intensely fascinated - would love hear any insights!




4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Aha!! That must be Blue Octopus's scissors he misplaced!! I just happened upon him the other day and he asked if I might have seen them! ;o) Fun, fun, find my friend. If you have any "real" insights into their purpose, I'd be so curious to know! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Woman Seeking Center said...

I think that's a perfect explanation crow! lol
(and that would indicate that Blue Octopus is much like me - ever setting things down only to loose them! lol - Imagine how much I could misplace if I had eight arms/hands - egads :-)

Kindred hugs!
PS no insights yet but I'll let you know if any
come along from readers or research...

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Having been a HeadStart teacher for well over 20 years, I recognize these as 'helper' scissors. When teaching 3-4 year olds to cut on a line, the teacher uses the outside pair of holes and the child, the inside pair. Guide the little hand along the line! It really does work! Hope this fact makes you smile! :)

Woman Seeking Center said...

Linda, THANK YOU! It does make me smile as every time I gaze on these scissors I (continued to) wonder about the what and the why of them - now, thanks to you, I know!

Yay!

Hugs
Issy