Monday, May 12, 2014

Something to consider

A year or so ago I began to be concerned (and annoyed) when I frequently had headaches
 or commonly just felt 'off' 
Then I began to correlate it to the times I used various cleaning products.
I started to research 'old fashioned ways' of cleaning on the Internet and found a treasure trove!
As I migrated to nearly exclusive use of natural/non-toxic products the symptoms dissipated.
Then they disappeared all together.
(and I saved significantly on my shopping costs as a secondary bonus)

I didn't think a great deal more about the value (and far reaching impact) of these seemingly small changes in my cleaning routine and products common around the house until I noticed these articles:


I'm not (at all!) inclined to the 'chicken little/sky is falling' approach to life
but rather the 'do what is reasonable and live your life' approach to life.

Still, two facts stand tall - no doubt about it. Facts I share with you here, from my life:
1) I see a profound decrease in bees - they are in trouble (and science points to pesticides as an issue)
2) I have seen, currently see and fear for more cases of cancer than I even want to talk about say.
I know this isn't a happy, chirpy post, but I'd rather risk the down side of sharing such info *hopefully*
  you'll take a few moments to read these two articles and consider the possibility of using less (or no) chemicals in your home/garden/yard. 
Consider it for the bees, for the water, for your pets, for everything and everyone you love
Consider it for yourself....


Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I have to agree with you....cancer is everywhere...and it must have it's roots in the things we use and eat. Getting back to nature has to be better for us all!

Michelle said...

I agree that our world is in trouble.